Thursday, October 23, 2008

Where did I put those citrus wipes?

Temperature at departure = 40° F (4° C)

Wow, yesterday's rain did another number on the bike path.  Lots of mud and debris this morning so I took the shorter, though still non-direct route.  Sorry to be brief, but I'm running a bit behind this morning and need to get spruced up.  Here is something to think about ... UK women say that being sweaty and getting helmet hair are the reason most of them won't get on a bike.

Funny, when I was talking to a couple gals after the last scout campout, they found out that I ride my bike to work and their main questions were about getting sweaty and helmet hair...

1 comment:

karen said...

Only 2% of women in the UK cycle? It's probably less here. As a woman who bikes to work nearly every day, I don't really worry about helmet hair, or heat and cold. There are many reasons I cycle daily, but at the top of the list is it's just plain fun.
(BTW, I rode to work yesterday for the 800th time since I began several years ago. Don't ask me how many tires, tubes, and other repairs I've gone through... I can't remember.)