Thursday, May 01, 2008

This Wind is for the Birds

Temperature at departure = 66° F (19° C)

If you are riding your bike south in Overland Park, or anywhere in the Kansas City area today, there is no need to use your brakes; simply stop pedaling. 28 MPH winds, gusting to 38 MPH. I did NOT take the long way today.



Okay, this little guy is driving me nuts this morning. He keeps hitting my window and won't go away. Since he is a woodpecker, I don't know that the hits he is making will hurt him, but I hope he moves on soon.

While I'm at it, the wreath next to our front door is once again home to a robin's nest. Every time we open the door momma bird flutters like crazy and heads over to a tree to start scolding us. I wonder how many will make it this year...



We get bird's nests here twice a year. I kind of like it, but it freaks out a couple of my kids.

1 comment:

WildcatAl said...

I agree. I had the urge to downshift while going downhill this morning!