Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Oh, What Fun

Temperature at departure for the ride home = 23° F (-5° C)

According to Channel 5:

The evening commute for many in the Kansas City metropolitan area was a treacherous one after the city received its first significant snowfall of the season.

I, on the other hand, had a really pleasant bicycle ride home through crunchy snow. It looked like I was going faster than the traffic on I-435 in spots. While stopped at the crosswalk at 99th and Metcalf a couple motorists gawked (that is the only way to put it).





With aplogies to John Pierpont:

Dashing through the snow
On my bicycle XYZ
Over the paths I go
Laughing and saying "Wheeee!"
Bells on handlebars ring
Making spirits bright
What fun it is to ride and sing
A biking song tonight.

1 comment:

karen said...

Smiling from ear to ear for you. Glad you had fun today. I took a car and joined the ranks of the cranky motorists. I wasn't cranky, just worried that someone would slide into me.
I need newer tires on my bicycle.