Friday, December 05, 2008

Canadian Air and Canada Goose

Temperature at departure = 14° F (-10° C)

With the temperatures this low, I set out not expecting to encounter anyone else on the path during my ride in.  Decked out in tee shirt, fleece shirt and my reflective jacket, I warmed up enough by the time I was two miles into the ride that I unzipped the jacket half way.  Then I heard what sounded like someone indicating that they were going to pass me.  Hadn't expected that.  I turned my head and there, five yards to the left and three yards up, a Canada goose flew past me.  It was worth a chuckle.

Decision time came and I was still warm enough to ride the extra three miles.  It helped that there wasn't much wind...  At mile six I was even unzipping the fleece shirt.  

I love riding in this weather.

I'm heading back down to Coppell in a couple weeks and noticed this in the news.  Kudos to the principal.  She could have just walked through the hole in the notebook paper ... but she rode her bike.  Cool.  Have a good weekend all.

1 comment:

dvicci said...

"I love riding in this weather."

Dude. People think I'm nuts for loving rain... YOU are nuts. Just slap-happy nuts. But more power to you!

Truthfully, I don't mind the cold, and I don't mind the wind, but put the two together and ick happens.