Friday, February 15, 2008

We Are Not Alone

Temperature at departure = 13° F (-11° C)

I decided to run some errands this morning and lo and behold -- leaving the bike path, I pop up to Lamar and nearly run into another bicycle commuter. By the time he and a few cars had passed, I turned to follow him up Lamar. He always stayed about 40 yards ahead of me and I didn't feel like racing this morning. I got stuck at a red light at College and Lamar and figured he was headed for the Sprint campus and that I'd never get to say hi. As I pulled into the parking lot at B&V I noticed, for the first time, a bike rack and there was my fellow commuter.



This is Micky. He didn't seem to be surprised to see another person on a bike; in fact, someone had already locked their bike up this morning. Nice to know we're not alone. Oh, I made sure to take my balaclava off before going into the credit union and bank this morning ... didn't feel like causing a panic today.

No comments: