Monday, February 11, 2008

Orphans?

It had been a while since I rode past a particular building in Corporate Woods. A while back it was part of my daily commute -- my route changed and, like I said, it had been a while since I rode past and noticed the two bikes locked to the bike rack. They're still there in the same position. So, either there are others out there who make the daily commute in Overland Park by bicycle -- or, more likely, these bikes have been abandoned.

It would be a shame if they were, but it wouldn't be a rare occurrence. Here is a nice article from Madison, WI asking the question: Where Do Bikes Go When They Die?

BTW, I skipped riding to my Dad's today, but I did get out to run some errands. Here is a rather ironic shot of my bike parked at the AAA office where I needed to pick up a proof of insurance card for one of the cars. Yeah, brisk.

No comments: