Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Big Plans


Temperature at departure = 17° F (-8° C)

Peter saw this bike up in a tree and shot me a quick picture. I somehow don't think this was an intentional security measure... He called to tell me he'll be home this weekend and we're planning a big bike ride for Saturday. I'm hoping the forecast changes as it looks like more snow is headed our way.

Having said that and having had the chance to ride home in the slush on the path yesterday and the re-frozen path this morning -- I've decided that next year I'm going to have to buy an old beater mountain bike and make it into a snow bike. Too much fun!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am still trying to figure out how that bike got up there. It was a good twenty feet off the ground. I checked this morning and the bike was gone. Maybe the squirrels here have found a new hobby.

Yokota Fritz said...

Mmm, the nefarious bike-eating tree. It's obvious what happened to the bike -- it's been DIGESTED.

Anonymous said...

You can park that Snow Bike right next to your Snow Blower :)

Warren T said...

Peter told me that there is now a different bike in the tree. We're starting to believe Fritz ... it is a bike-eating tree.