Sunday, July 27, 2008

GPCC Tour de Donut 2



Six of us showed up yesterday morning for the second annual Great Plains Community Church Tour de Donut (muffin, pancakes, etc.).



We ride 10 miles round trip, including the big hill on Prairie Star Parkway which is part of the Lenexa Midnight Bike Ride.



We met at the church land and rode to McDonald's for some carb-loading, fun fellowship. It's a fun ride and we're hoping to get more people involved next year.

* * * * *


After the TdD, Peter and I decided to check out the Lenexa Lake Park that I rode through on July 4th. At that time there may have been some signs up saying the trail and park were closed ... I'm trying to remember. No longer true.



Black Hoof Park is now open to the public -- and I wish I would have known this before the TdD.



The park features a spillway that is really pretty. Standing on the top looking down.



From the side.



Top of the spillway.

The park is gorgeous and I guarantee it will be part of next year's TdD.

3 comments:

Noah said...

Thanks for the heads up on Hoof Park. I had to swing by yesterday and check it out after seeing this. I had no idea there was a park there! Also, since I rode south from 83rd, I got to see how well my slick tires work in mud. Ugh.

Bonus, I found a firing range on Monticello I didn't know about. Got an excuse to go play with my 12ga. now.

Mark Studnicki said...

I live right doww the street from that new Lake Lenexa area and it's definately cool. I've actually been riding back in there for about a year, just keeping an eye on my property tax dollars at work.

Anonymous said...

Here's a quick route I took from Shawnee Mission park trails using all paths to Lake Lenexa. I'm always looking for connecting paths ;) Veloroutes Map