Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Emerging

Temperature at departure = 33° F (1° C)

It appears I spoke too soon about the increase of the number of bikes in the bike rack. Yesterday afternoon, 66° and my son's bike was the only one at school. There were encouraging signs this morning though; second day in a row that I've been passed by a guy with a recumbant in the bed of his pickup. I think he is headed to the bike path trailhead that is around a mile from our neighborhood -- he could park the truck there and take the path on his bike. That is my theory, anyway. Later, when I was taking the extended route to get a few more miles in this morning I passed a guy going the other direction. He was pretty spandex'd out, but I won't hold that against him. On the way back to the office after the extended loop I saw two other cyclists. Not bad for temperatures hovering around freezing.

Yesterday turned out to be a great day. I achieved all but one of my goals for the day. I've taken the goals I worked on last Friday and modified Ben Franklin's 13 virtues sheet to plug in the "virtues" or goals that I want to make sure I work on daily. Nice article here on how to do it...

1 comment:

amidnightrider said...

The spandex people are like Trekkies. All sports have them. People who dress up like their favorite character.

Biking and nascar are the really gawdy ones. Blinding colors (that clash).