Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Bridge to Terabi... oh. Hmmm

Temperature at departure = 32° F (0° C)

The folks in Disney's promtions department did a fine job of selling Bridge to Terabithia to my ten year old. For a couple weeks he had been asking me, no, begging me to go see it when it came out. I checked IMDB and it looked like it was going to be a nice fantasy movie. Based on the trailers he had seen, he was expecting The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe; instead, he got [Spoiler] - kinda. Don't get me wrong, it was a VERY good movie, but when asked if it was what he was expecting, C replied "not at all."

So, a word of warning: if your child wants to go to see a bunch of special effects creatures, etc. - they will be disappointed.

Anyway, it looks like it is going to be a beautiful day again. Afternoon temperatures up in the 60's. I was happy to see 3 bikes in the bike rack at the elementary school and hope to see more today.

1 comment:

amidnightrider said...

My kids are all grown and living far away. Most of the movies I want to see only play at selected theaters. Pan's Labrinth, The Painted Veil, Venus, stuff like that.

The local mall pretty much only has the dumbed down and childrens movies. Talking cars, stupid motorcycle riders etc. {{{{{sigh}}}.