Sunday, July 10, 2011

Chris tries out his new road bike

Many thanks to Chris Kohl for inviting me out for a ride. Chris just got a new road bike and I was glad to go along for the ride. Sure it was hot outside and my knee was a bit stiff after the parent/son baseball game last night, but we mapped out a promising route on veloroutes and were ready to give it a try.



I made the mistake of looking at a bank thermometer just past the halfway mark - 109° I know it wasn't acurate, but it felt like it was...




From General Bike Pix

Here's Chris with his new Trek road bike as we prepare to head out.


From General Bike Pix

Having crested the highest point on our route, we finally get to enjoy a little downhill riding. I'll have to admit that on the long uphill stretch from 163rd to 179th on Switzer, we weren't too happy with the plan. After making the turn on Mur-Len to head north we decided the route was a keeper. Maybe next time it will be 10 degrees or so cooler...

Thanks again Chris.

No comments: