Monday, July 02, 2007

Hee-uuuuu-mid

Temperature at a.m. departure = 68° F (20° C)

You know, 68° sounds like a nice temperature to get out and have a leisurley ride to the office. Problem 1 - although I wouldn't mind a leisurely ride to the office, once I start looking down at the bike computer I start pushing myself to get my average MPH up. Problem 2 - the relative humidity this morning was a muggy 81%, so by the time I got to the office I was soaked. Oh well, it IS July and our normal temperature for this time of year is ~10 - 15 degrees warmer...

We spent a good part of the weekend out looking for cars for TWT. His gave up the ghost this last week and although he intends to give commuting by bike a try, he still wants a social life. I hate shopping for cars. 'Nuf said.

2 comments:

Noah said...

Extracycle. He'll get ALL the chicks. Or, maybe...

Check your mail. I have a question for ya.

On the humidity today... I didn't really notice it, but I always build up a good sweat when I ride the whole 14 miles in to work. I had a nice average approaching 17 miles per hour until my little interruption.

Yokota Fritz said...

Currently 65° F with 60% humidity at my home in the Santa Cruz Mountains. My son is on his way to church camp where the high will be 103°F this week, but at least the humidity will be in the single digits (percentage wise). He's going to a camp near Sonora, CA, which is where the "Bonanza" TV series was filmed. It's beautiful country.