Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Should a detour need a detour?

Temperature at departure = 73° F (23° C)
Days until school starts = 64 {with appologies to TOB}

The gang working on the 435 and Antioch project made it a little difficult riding on the bike/hike path detour this morning. They could have at least tried to warn us that this was coming up:



I actually entered from the far end and although I saw the two workers, I didn't see the hoses until it was too late to turn back.

This made it rather difficult as well:



Oh well, still a beautiful ride in, albeit a humid one.

5 comments:

martinoffroad said...

Looks like a good time to do some bunny hopping.

Noah said...

I'll trade my problems for yours. Didn't you make a stink about trucks blocking the sidewalk just a few months ago? Maybe it's time for a refresher course?

Warren T said...

Yeah, things were better for quite a while. Looks like those days are over as the trucks were back in full force and packed even tighter today. No hoses on the bridge but I got half way across and found two workers down on their hands and knees taping some sort of paper to the sidewalk. As I passed by (on the part that hadn't been covered yet) one mumbled to the other "We need to close off the sidewalk." Should make for an interesting ride home.

Noah said...

I would have added 1/4 mile to my commute just to ride past them again and mumble "we need to abolish labor unions"

Warren T said...

Chuckled.

Unfortunately, I think that they probably don't encounter may cyclists during the weekday so seeing me just triggered an afterthought. Kinda sad. The KC area only has a bike commuter percentage of 0.1. You and I are a rare breed.