Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Now That Is What I'm Talkin' About

Temperature at departure = 51° F (11° C)

This morning's ride was the best solo ride this year. Why:

  • Beautiful blue skies and 51 degrees
  • No wind
  • I was making great time with, what seemed like, little effort
  • I got to the part of the path that I showed yesterday and there were zero trucks parked along the detour. ZERO!
  • Great music on the MP3 player (which I only listen to when I'm on the path); favorite track this morning was Al Jarreau's "Mornin'"
  • Everyone I met had a big smile and we all said "Good morning" to each other
  • My average MPH was up to 15.0 over the 6.083 miles I rode. I wasn't even trying to push it this morning
  • Tons of cardinals were out this morning


So, here is your WT Fun Fact of the Day -- When persued by someone on a bicycle, the average male cardinal flies ~17 MPH.

Thanks to Anthonut for the use the image.

Have a great day -- I know I'm going to. Here, maybe THIS will help...

3 comments:

Noah said...

I agree. Mother nature can keep this stuff up as long as she wants to. This has been a stellar week to ride!

Yokota Fritz said...

So what's the airspeed velocity of a swallow?

Warren T said...

African or European?