Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Music Hath Charms...

...to soothe the savage cyclist.

After a delayed start this morning and a rather chilly commute home it struck me: I'm using the MP3 player again and my average MPH changes, as does my attitude, as the tunes I'm listening too change.

Linger - The Cranberries - It was a nice way to ease into the ride.
Vogue - Madonna - MPH climbs significantly. Attitude changes to superiority.
Pride and Joy - Stevie Ray Vaughn - MPH dropped a bit but the attitude remained, although now I'm just feeling cool as opposed to superior.
Love You - The Free Design - MPH drops again as I'm reminded that cycling is fun. Attitude is now child-like.
End Credits from The Kingdom of Heaven - MPH rises as I slip into battle mode. Pedaling with purpose now:


Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong. That is your oath.

Overjoyed - Stevie Wonder - MPH dropped again; nice way to cool down.

I didn't take any time worrying about what I had lined up, just threw some stuff on the Rio and headed out. Fun.

2 comments:

Noah said...

I wish I had a path to ride on for my commute. I could never get away with using an MP3 player on the treacherous streets of Olathe.

Warren T said...

Yeah, I had to give up the MP3 player prior to the detour for the path. I will not listen to the thing when I'm riding in traffic.

Mozart's Piano Concerto #22 bumped my average MPH up by .9 this morning.