Saturday, May 02, 2020

Reconnaissance Ride

My wife and I are going to watch two of our grandsons for a couple hours tomorrow and I thought it would be fun to go on a bike ride with Beau, the seven-year-old. It was so nice out this morning I decided to take a reconnaissance ride on the multi-use path that used to feature so prominently in this blog.

I'd say I couldn't remember the last time I took a ride on the Indian Creek/Tomahawk Creek Trail, but I've been keeping a spreadsheet of my rides since 2006, so that wouldn't be true. I used to ride that trail pretty much daily. I am a bit shocked to note that the last time I rode it was in September ... of 2018.

So... we won't be riding on the trail tomorrow. We'll ride the residential streets in our subdivision.
I have NEVER seen as many people on the trail as I saw today; not even during the Pokemon-Go craze. There seemed to be an equal split of pedestrians and cyclists and most of the people on bikes seemed to be families with kids Beau's age. So, again, no thank you.

I did take a moment to stop at my favorite bench which has been one of my favorite places to go to get a little quiet. No longer. I guess I'll have to go to an airport terminal or something to get some peace away from the house. But someone did leave this little stone with a nice message.



I am happy. Thanks. I hope they are too.

No comments: