Monday, January 26, 2009

It was Tails

I was on the fence this morning, waffling one way or the other about whether to ride my bike to work or not. It was 15° out and I've ridden in much colder weather for the last several weeks. Perhaps it was the weekend trip to the Cosmosphere in Hutchinson, Kansas that took the wind out of my sails today. We were scheduled to camp out Friday night, but the forecast said 10° with winds gusting to 30 MPH and that is too cold to risk. We got up at 2:30 a.m. and drove; a wise choice. In the afternoon we stood out in the cold for quite a while launching rockets.

So, it turns out I may have reached my tipping point regarding riding in the cold. I'm tired of it. Still, the rest of the week is looking worse with snow on the way tonight. Should I, or should I not? I don't stress over situations like this long ... I just flip a coin. (Not in a Two-Face kind of way, more of a Proverbs 16:33 way.) Heads: I ride. Tails: I drive.

I hope you don't think less of me.

Anyway, we all had a blast (pun not intended) on Saturday. I highly recommend the Cosmosphere. They have a fabulous museum with

a U.S. space artifact collection second only to the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum and the largest collection of Russian space artifacts outside of Moscow.


Here is a shot of our guys getting ready to launch their rockets.



And this shot was lucky enough to catch one of the rockets launching.

No comments: