Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Another Flat -- No Problem

Temperature at departure = 66° F (19° C)

For reasons unknown to me at the time, I decided not to ride the long way today but to run a quick errand on the way to work. Good thing too; the rear tire went flat after I'd crossed a busy intersection.

A couple years ago a flat tire would have been almost traumatic to me. Having repaired several over the last year and a half or so makes it a minor annoyance. I sat down on the curb and was back in business in 10 minutes.

Had I not had the patch kit, Latex glove and my hand pump, it would have been a different story. I keep a few gloves around in case I have to handle the chain, etc. The pump was swag from last year's Bike To Work Week and has come in very handy.



The brand is Specialized -- don't know the model.

No comments: