Monday, January 14, 2008

Good Morning

Temperature at departure = 22° F (-6° C)

What an absolutely gorgeous morning. I had the trail all to myself and decided to add an extra three miles to my trip in. Sure, the other parents still don't know what to think when Curtis and I roll up to school -- but there is no waiting and no jockeying for position to drop him off. He has his pick of where to lock up his bike on the bike rack too.

Overall, I honestly can't think of a better way to commute in Overland Park than by bike. I can enjoy the (mostly) empty bike path for another month or two before I have to exercise my bell thumb. I'm betting on more bikers this year.

That's it gang; nothing spectacular to report, just a really nice ride in today.

1 comment:

SiouxGeonz said...

At 25 it was really nice here, too - even with a pretty wind out of the west (in my face) that had the "wind chill" at 12. (I don't consider windchill valid since if I have to pedal harder, I get warmer. Tailwinds, now, they're cold!)
It just felt rully good out there today :D