Friday, January 05, 2007

Slow Down, You Move Too Fast...

Temperature at departure = 44° F (7° C)

At least I didn't have to fight the 21 gusting to 29 mph headwinds of yesterday. Also, I decided to not look at the bike computer until I reached the office today and ride like I normally would have pre-computer. Looks like my normal ride takes about 1 minute longer than it does when I'm busting my tail to get that average mph up to -- oh, about a half mile an hour faster...

There are other benefits for slowing down; check Fritz's post on Commute By Bike.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still going to track the data twice a day. My next step is to figure out some cool charts or graphs. Speaking of cool data, if you like numbers make sure you check out the Data Mining blog.

Does anyone else think that having Internet access in your car is going to end up being a really bad idea? Introducing the wireless car.

1 comment:

Yokota Fritz said...

Oooh, BAD idea, that internet car thing....