Friday, January 26, 2007

Restless Legs Syndrome

It has now been 15 days since my boys and I have ventured out on our bikes. Although it has been above freezing for the last few days, the streets and lawns are mostly clear of snow but the curbs, sidewalks and bike path are still snow and ice covered (the picture was taken 5 minutes ago). Today’s high temperature is forecast to be around 55° F, so I’m hoping it will take care of the rest of that before we go back to below freezing for the next week or so. I don’t mind the cold – but I’m not going to have my youngest boys out on the streets as they are at the moment.

I actually went for a jog the other night. A jog? I don’t jog; that is how bad I want to get back outside. I am also extremely tired of having to drive in traffic; especially the traffic dropping off and picking up at the elementary school (which was designed in a time when more people walked or biked to school than were dropped of by car or bus). Let’s see, this morning I was cut off by someone who didn’t feel they had to take their turn at the 4 way stop, blocked behind someone who parked in the drop off lane and left their SUV, almost backed into by someone pulling out of a parking spot and cut in front of because I obeyed the “Do Not Block Intersection” sign – all within the first half mile of my trip.

MELT! Please MELT!!!

No comments: