Monday, January 22, 2007

Homonyms

It was a simple comment -- and yet, it turned out to be a milk-shooting-out-the-nose moment for some and confusuion for others. At the dinner table Saturday night my wife was discussing a customer who was upset with another company.

Let me step back for a moment and describe the participants: two adults, three teenagers, one grade-schooler. Having worked with angry or upset customers on a pretty normal basis for a while, I knew exactly what my wife meant. The teenagers, growing up in their media saturated world, heard something else. The grade schooler was taking things more literally. So, when my wife said "They were hot" what came to mind was:


2 comments:

Yokota Fritz said...

"Don't make me angry, you wouldn't like me when I'm angry."

Warren T said...

Anger. That's hot.