Tuesday, October 24, 2006

When Worlds Collide

Temperature at departure = 32° F (0° C)

I was actually hoping it would be a degree or two colder so I could say this was the first time in my adult life that I've riden a bike in below freezing temperatures. Probably won't get the chance tomorrow as the rain is heading back this direction and I'm not equipped for the foul stuff (on many levels...).

One of the cycling blogs I like to check has an interesting comment about radio. I love it when a post combines two of my big interests - and - they said a lot in one short sentance about the state of radio commercials in London. Guess radio is pretty similar whichever side of the Atlantic you're on. Read for yourself here.

Next, our new devision vice president mentioned a discussion he was having with his 22-year-old about the future of radio; sounded a lot like some of the conversations I've had with my kids. He made a comment, I wish I could remember it word for word, to the effect - I'm too old to imagine a world without radio, she is young enough that she can.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

No comments: