Tuesday, October 23, 2007

I Love This Weather

Temperature at departure = 38° F (3° C)

I love riding in this kind of weather. Last week I posted the list of what clothes work for me in different temperatures on CommuteByBike.

56 and above I can get by with a tee shirt and shorts.
50 – 55, I need a long sleeved tee and can still wear shorts.
45 – 49, long sleeved tee, work out pants and I replace the ankle socks with longer socks.
38 - 44, tee shirt, sweat shirt, work out pants, wrap around ear muffs and ditch the no finger gloves for full gloves.
32 - 37, tee shirt, lined jacket, work out pants, wrap around ear muffs and full gloves
25 - 31, tee shirt, long sleeved shirt, work out pants, jacket, two pair of socks, balaclava and full gloves.
24 and below, tee shirt, long sleeved shirt, long john bottoms, work out pants, jacket, two pair of socks, balaclava and full gloves.

I had forgotten that the ear muffs do a fine job, but sometimes my face gets a little numb, making me talk funny for a couple minutes at the end of the commute. Still wasn't cold enough to break out the balaclava or the reflective, lined jacket. Here is a quick shot of the ear muffs in action this morning -- along with one of my shadow on the trail. Since they are panda portraits...

Some panda portraits
Biking shots I took myself
Fritz may be well pleased





Also, I think all the construction on 435 at Antioch has driven most of the deer away from the area around my building. I still see deer, occasionally, but not nearly as many sightings as there have been in previous years. Here is one of the three that were grazing about 8 yards off the path this morning. Sorry for the glare, I just grabbed the camera and snapped.

2 comments:

Yokota Fritz said...

Oooh, a Panda in a Haiku!

Anonymous said...

Is that a new helmet I see?