Monday, December 24, 2007

Calm Before the Storm

Ahhhh. I've made my mocha latte and am sitting at the kitchen table looking at the snow covered neighborhood. I'm going to take the next five minutes or so and just relax. Once that is done I've got plenty to do -- none of the kids has done their shopping...

So, I've got to hit the bank this morning, deliver one present, take the kids shopping (4 of them, one at a time), clean house and start wrapping. I swear this year I am not going to stay up to 2 or 3 in the morning. Of course, I swore that last year and the year before and the year before that.

Tomorrow morning I'll get up early and make my annual Kringler (here is a recipe found on line that comes close to the one I use), go pick up my dad and bring him over, wait for my mother-in-law to arrive and then breakfast and open presents.

It all sounds like a hassle -- but I wouldn't miss it. To all of you, Merry Christmas, I hope you can find a spare 5 minutes for yourself and we'll chat on Wednesday.

No comments: