Thursday, August 30, 2007

Stop

Temperature at departure this morning = 72° F (22° C)

How many times have you heard someone complain that cyclists never stop at stop signs?



Yep, that is a stop sign. This was 8:30 this morning at a point where the bike trail has to cross the road. My phone only records 20 seconds of video so you missed the next 4 vehicles (including a FedEx truck) that rolled right on through. 11 drivers and not one stopped. I stopped, and I had the right of way... I was ready for this today because the same thing happened yesterday. I also wanted to try out the new Blogger video option...

7 comments:

amidnightrider said...

They must be part of the scofflaw convention.

Yokota Fritz said...

These folks don't even slow down.

ha1ku said...

FedEx, I hear, has very strict policies concerning their drivers' conduct on the road. What happened?

Anonymous said...

Drop a few caltrops by the stop sign. The cars will then stop sooner or later.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caltrop

Paul Dorn said...

This is outstanding video. Great work. I linked to it from my blog, it's the best evidence to toss back at motorists who gripe about bicyclists not stopping.

Anonymous said...

Can't see the stop sign. I think you removed it before recording your video! ;-)

Actually, I live north of the border and it is just the same here. Motorists barely slow down, as if the octogonal red sign that says STOP was equivalent to a yellow triangle saying YIELD.

Michael Donk said...

That's in the suburbs, at a secondary intersection between lights along a 4-lane divided highway and is probably a bitch of a place to pull out. Chalk this up to unsustainable land use policies, not a group of drivers.