Monday, August 13, 2007

Back From Dallas

Temperature at departure = 75° F (24° C)

I honestly thought I'd get more done on-line last week than I normally do. Really, I was going to be in another city with only my normal work hours to deal with; my nights were mine to do with as I saw fit. No kitchen to clean up, no running people to lessons, etc. All I had to do was find dinner at some restaurant and the rest of my evening would be free.

I can't figure out where that time went. I didn't watch that much TV. I didn't really go anywhere because my feet and legs were killing me (see previous). It just goes to show that I get into a routine at home and even though there are a ton of things on my calendar, I'll still have time to do some of the things I want to do -- and some of the things I don't. So if you'll excuse me, I've got to go clean off the spider webs I rode through on the trail this morning. Ah yes, back in the groove.

2 comments:

Yokota Fritz said...

Are the chiggers still bothering you? I can confirm that they're miserable little cusses, but the astringent therapy (as suggested by Jamie) has always worked for me.

Warren T said...

It's getting better -- but my feet and ankles are still a mess. The problem was exacerbated by my having to be in socks and shoes while on the road last week. I think if I could have just gone bare foot a little more I would have been in a lot better shape. Ah, the joys of camping!