Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Rockin' Robins

Temperature at departure = 43° F (6° C)

Well, I made it back. The trip home was uneventful ... which was wonderful. My bag even made it home! In fact, my bag always seems to be one of the last to make it off the plane at the Kansas City airport; this time it was one of the first.

Dinner was waiting for me when I walked in the door. My wife had whipped up some comfort food for me -- Aunt Wilma's Casserole. Perfect.

I'm still trying to get over the jet lag. I've gotten out to ride the last couple of days just to get some sunshine during what my body needs to think of as daytime. Hasn't helped. I figure I've got a couple more days before I'm reoriented.

I was very happy to see flocks and flocks of robins during my ride. Good grief, they're everywhere.



Anyway, it's great to be back home. The days are getting longer and spring isn't too far away. I'm looking forward to seeing some green on the ride into work.

For those of you who've sent me notes of concern about the job situation -- I've got no news. I probably won't know how Google's putting Radio Automation up for sale is going to affect me until someone actually buys us. Until then, I'm doing my best to take a "business as usual" approach to the day.

No comments: