Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Hoist the Mains'l

Temperature at departure = 35° F (2° C)



When I left home, the same Weather.com site showed winds from the NNW at 26, gusting to 50 MPH. Perhaps this would be a good day to drive, not because the temperatures that will fall into the teens in the next couple of hours and single digits by the time I ride home ... just don't like the gusting winds.

Then I remembered, I'm heading south. Wheeeeeeeee!

[note to self for the ride home: there WILL be more branches and sticks on the path.]

1 comment:

karen said...

I'm a chicken again. The wind changed my mind for me this morning. My little electric truck was even rocking back and forth in the wind on the commute! I did ride yesterday afternoon, though! Will be thinking about you this evening on your ride home. Stay warm!