Saturday, January 17, 2009

Gettin' Stuff Done

Roads too wet to ride
A warm day melting the snow
Wow, I need fenders

I had too many things to do today, anyway. That plus all the "serve-passenger trips" means I'm taking another day off.

But I'm getting a ton of stuff done around the house. Stuff that has been hanging around for years waiting to be done. I'm listening to some great tunes on YouTube as well...

Want a really good example of vocalese? You just can't beat Jon Hendricks's version of the Miles Davis tune "Freddie Freeloader." It features Bobby McFerrin, Al Jarreau, Jon Hendricks and George Benson singing lyrics to each note that was originally played by Davis, Wynton Kelly, Coltrane and Cannonball Adderley on the tune from "Kind of Blue." Got 9 or 10 minutes to relax?

No comments: