It's the time of year when every bike ride is named Tour de (something). My morning commute will hence be known as the Tour de Creepy Crawlers. Along with the normal wildlife I would expect to encounter while riding the trail in Overland Park (deer, rabbits, squirrels, chipmunks and birds galore) this morning, for some reason, had all the elements of a bad horror flick. In order of appearance:
- I had to dodge a very lively snake.
- I rode trough an active spider web and had to remove it's angry resident.
- I almost ran over a dead bat.
- A wasp hit me in the face.
- A bee landed on my shirt.
Oh, and as I was zooming down Quivera at 36.1 MPH there was a Thwack! and I ended up with this bug splatter on my glasses.