Wednesday, April 23, 2008

My Dad



That is Dad and me this last July 4th. My dad finally got to go home Tuesday morning. My brother and I were both with him when he slipped away, peacefully. I can't tell you how much I'm going to miss him.

We met with his pastor this morning and let him know that Dad's confirmation verse was Romans 12:21 "Do not be overcome with evil, but overcome evil with good." The pastor said "That was prophetic..." Yep. In fact, pastor has decided that he'll now always think of Romans 12 as Leonard's chapter. Read verses 9 through 21 and you'll get a good picture of my dad. Seriously, we started reading and checking things off the list.

Anyway, I hope you'll pardon me if I take a few more days off.

4 comments:

Noah said...

Warren,
We're so sorry for your loss. Your family will be in our prayers.
--Noah & Sefauna

The Old Bag said...

So sorry to hear of your loss.

Yokota Fritz said...

Hi Warren, I'm finally getting aroud to this news. Sorry to hear about this, but I know you were expecting this and, as you write, he's home now. My grandfather passed away also just a few short weeks ago.

VioletSky said...

Am so sorry to read of your loss.
Have refreshed my memory of Romans 12. Nice link to memories of your Dad.