Thursday, April 17, 2008

Just Under 4 Feet Wide

Temperature at departure = 60° F (16° C)

I understand and have grown accoustomed to warmer weather bringing more people out on the Indian Creek Trail, especially around parks, however it has been rare to see anyone use the little bridge that I've mentioned way too many times over the years. That part of the path just runs up to a road that services one office building and then stops. There is no recreational reason to use that section ... but, boy howdy, not an evening has gone by this week when there wasn't someone on the bridge or just exiting as I rolled up.

In the past, I've startled quite a few people on the main path by riding across this narrow bridge. I think it is because navigating the thing inspires awe. Well, that, or they may think anyone who rides across it must be crazy. Crazier still, I decided to ride it one handed this morning so I could take a quick video. It was my first attempt and I don't think I'm going to do this again, unless I get a Gorillla Pod or some other way to mount the camera so I can keep both hands on the handle bars.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Impressive...most impressive. But you are not a jedi yet!