Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Everyone Knows Its Windy

Temperature this morning 59° winds S 30 MPH gusting to 40 MPH. This evening 70°

Much like Dave, today was my first shorts day of the year. Finally.

I didn't even watch the morning news or listen to the forecast; I knew what the weather folk would be saying: Windy, so high profile vehicles need to watch out...

I didn't care, I rode anyway. The last three days I've been putting in ~22 miles a day in and didn't want to miss a sunny day when it looks like it might rain again Thursay and Friday. I will have to admit that the wind was strong. This is the first time I ever had to down shift going down hill.

Oh, and to the 4 cars that lined up in the furthest left, left-turn lane behind the big construction truck rather than behind me in the right, left-turn lane ... ha ha ha ha. I guess the joke was on you. The one brave soul who lined up behind me got a pretty good head start on you, didn't he? That driver and I got around the corner and I quickly got up to 37 MPH while the other cars plodded along. Took them .6 miles to catch up to me. Man, that hill on College Blvd from State Line to Mission is fun when you're headed down hill!

No comments: