Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Wha' huh???

Temperature at departure = 73° F (23° C)

I was listening to the News/Talk station this morning as I was driving JLT to his summer school class and heard an actuality from a guy with the Missouri Department of Transportation discussing some changes to enforcement of lane change violations. He made a comment that I had to scratch my head over:
“Courtesy is the lubricant for traffic congestion.”
At first I thought he meant in an attempt to lower the chance for road rage they are encouraging people to NOT be courteous? Huh? I guess he is trying to convey the oposite. Anyway, I don't want to have to concentrate on stuff like that before I've had coffee. Perhaps if they'd given the story more than the 30 seconds the devoted to it versus the 4 minutes of coverage regarding a certain non-event that is the top headline of the day - I would have understood. Oh well.

1 comment:

amidnightrider said...

Ha! My town has a local talk radio staion and the same 8 or 10 people call every day with their opinions on "whatever".

They also write letters to the editors often, usually on the designated topic of the day from sydicated show. Be it immigration, gay, abortion.... Nothing relevent really.