Thursday, June 28, 2007

Family Night

I drove yesterday because CAT and I needed to head out early in order to get out to Camp Naish for Family Night. It had been a pretty nice week; hot and humid, but that's what you expect at camp. Yesterday the rain came back; but you have to expect that at camp too...



Curtis was a bit home-sick when we got there and, truth be told, I was a little camp-sick. I'm really missing not being there this summer -- but it IS a good oportunity for Curtis to be on his own. He is a trooper and had no issues with slogging around in the rain as long as that wasn't going to keep them from doing their late-night swim.

More rain today but I've got the Trek in the van in the hopes that the rain will end this afternoon and the kids will need the van for something, come get it and let me ride home. If not, tomorrow is another day and is supposed to be beautiful. With the trip to Dallas last week, I'm not going to hit my target miles for June anyway.

3 comments:

Smudgemo said...

Weather-wis we are so spoiled out west. When I go camping, it's in the Sierra Nevadas. Hardly any bugs, it never rains from May through October, and even though it can get hot, it's never humid. Lots of places to ride road and dirt, too. Growing up in WI, I remember those days at the cabin, in a tent or on the lake where it was raining and I was bored as can be. As an adult, some down-time would be welcome. Funny how one's perspective changes with age.

Warren T said...

I'm sure the mosquitos in WI were enough to keep you in the cabin too! Tried the camping thing there once with the 5 kids (the youngest one was a baby). We got to the campsite around 10:30 p.m. and never even got the tent set up. Horrible. We found a motel for the night and then drove down to Chicago to stay with my wife's aunt and uncle (another story for another time).

Any problems with bears in the Sierra Nevadas? I've flown over them several times and always thought it would be a blast to camp there...

Smudgemo said...

I'll never live anywhere without hills or mountains again. The Sierras are awesome. Bears are around, but I've never seen one. We had one run through our campsite last summer when camping in the foothills, but it was a reservoir campground, and they no doubt eat well around there. I've mostly stayed southwest of Lake Tahoe in the past, but at the end of July we are heading back to Downieville for camping, lots of riding, and lots of beer.