Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Much Better ... For Now

Nice break in the weather; started the day with a bike ride into work with a temperature of 61 degrees F and the forecast is a high of 85. I'll take that over 80 something in the morning and 104 for the ride home. I noticed my water bottle still had a little ice in it after I got to work. That hasn't happened for a long time... I'm not going to get too excited though, the forecast calls for temperatures climbing back to 100 by the end of the week. Still, a nice break.

I can add another species to the list of wildlife around our office: bobcat. Big one too; much bigger than I expected. We'd heard, last year, that a bobcat lived close by but hadn't spotted it until yesterday. I've got to admit, on the way in this morning I kept my eyes on the woods a little more than normal.

No comments: