Thursday, March 05, 2009

Spring Preview

Temperature at departure = 58° F (14° C)

The forecast calls for high temperatures around 78° this afternoon. I will not be sitting in my office looking at my screen during lunch. I'll be riding along the creek...

The Waters Of March

And the riverbank sings of the waters of March
It's the promise of spring
It's the joy in your heart

And the riverbank sings of the waters of March
It's the end of despair
It's the joy in your heart

-- Antonio Carlos Jobim


It is probably way too soon to post about another bumper sticker encounter, but I have to share. While riding down the nearly empty, school zone, road this morning I felt a rush of air as the rear view mirror on the pickup truck missed me by around 8 inches. Probably trying to school me on the supremacy of motorized vehicles. As he pulled ahead I had the opportunity to read his bumper sticker:

"Are you an organ donor?"

Almost. Jerk.

No comments: