Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Crunchy Ride In

Temperature at departure = 13° F (-11° C)



Had anyone wanted to track me home last night, it would have been pretty easy. I followed my tracks in the snow all the way from home into the office today. Seems there wasn't anyone along my route feeling adventurous, but that isn't true for the entire metro. Noah pointed out that he saw several other people out on bikes yesterday.

Last night was the first time I've ever ridden home in the snow in the dark. The XYZ Bike had been set up with lights, but it is almost as though I shouldn't have even bothered. The snow was reflecting the moonlight and street lights to the point that I didn't even need the light while deep in the woods. Looking forward to doing the same several more times this winter.

No comments: