Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Charts and Graphs

It has been a year since I talked about New Year's Resolutions. Even if I wasn't employed by Google, I would be an avid fan of Google Docs. The ability to share spreadsheets, etc. makes a big difference. I'll give you an example of how accountability plays a part in successfully keeping your resolutions. Below is a shot of two of my resolutions side by side. The one on the left I had shared with my two brothers-in-law. The one on the right was a resolution I kept to myself and, obviously, had trouble getting started on.



It turns out that only one of my bro.s looked at the list, and then I believe he only checked it twice. Still, the fact that they COULD look at it was a minor motivation to honor my promise to myself.

As the year draws to an end, I share with you a chart that shows my bike milage for the year. My goal of 2,500 miles for this year was meager compared to Noah, Dave, cDude and others -- so perhaps I'll bump it up to 3,000 for next year. Still, this chart proves that I am a goal oriented person.



Everyone have a safe and happy New Year.

1 comment:

Yokota Fritz said...

And Happy New Year to you too, Warren.