Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Life Photos on Google


Disclaimer: I work for Google -- but I'm not associated with search, be it image or anything else.

Google is now hosting around 10 million photos from the LIFE photo archives. I went to the link and searched for bicycle and there are TONS. The above photo caught my eye and I thought it was someone talking on a cell phone. Um, since the photo is from 1949 I'm going to rule the whole cell phone thing out.

Anyway, give it a try. Lots of old celebrity/bike photos, like Rita Hayworth, Eartha Kitt, Bob Hope and more...

3 comments:

Yokota Fritz said...

Oh how very cool.

Yokota Fritz said...

What are republishing restrictions on these photos?

Warren T said...

You bring up an excellent point that I, in my haste, didn't even think about. Having poked around the site quite a bit, I find nothing like the kind of usage statements you find on flickr. I'll shoot a note to Legal this morning and ask.