Monday, August 03, 2009

Helmet Debate

There are two different sides to the argument that cyclists should wear helmets. Folks in Copenhagen would argue that they're worthless and, in fact, a deterrent to cycling. In the US, we're convinced that they save lives. I know for a fact that wearing a helmet saved me from a concussion once, so that one time out of ~ 1,000 times wearing it paid off.

Anyway, I don't think this guy really fits either side of the debate.

fail owned pwned pictures
see more Fail Blog

1 comment:

Revrunner said...

I don't know if it saved his life this morning, but I do know a teenager who would have had worse injuries if he hadn't been wearing a helmet. I heard somebody say something like "Whoa!" behind me. When I spun around to look, he was piled in a heap in the middle of the trail underneath his bike. His glasses broke, his face got scratched, but when I asked if he could focus on my fingers, he said yes. One can only wonder what would have happened if he hadn't been wearing a helmet.

By the way, I later heard that there other bikers who came up from behind us who were just annoyed that we were in their way. So much for biker solidarity!