Friday, June 13, 2008

Multimodal?

Man, I'm tired of all the rain. Second day in a row that I've not ridden to work due to thunderstorms. The rain stopped early enough today that I could have acted the martyr and plodded through the mud and puddles (muddles?), but no thanks.

I took this fine opportunity to take one of the cars to get the brakes looked at. Dropped it off and walked 10 minutes to the office. They asked if they wanted one of the guys to drive me to work, but why take someone out of the loop for 15 - 20 minutes for an 8 - 10 minute chance to burn some calories? Plus, I've got Boy Scout camp coming up soon and need to get my hiking legs prepped.

Side note: they tell me that they have a ~20 mountain bike path that I'll be able to ride while I'm there; bike and helmet provided. My guess is they'll want a couple adults along on the rides so I'll probably get a few chances to do this. If the Rimrock Trail is an indication of the challenge ahead, I won't have to worry about not being able to get any sleep. Yikes.

I have to admit that really enjoy the times I gotten to spend at Naish for Webelos Camp (8 times). It is gorgeous.


View Larger Map

No comments: